The Mystic Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like our bodies are the tool by which we interact with the real world, characters are the tool by which players interact with imaginary worlds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basic Combat Tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tuasun Strife
MT Moderator
MT Moderator
Tuasun Strife

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Basic Combat Tips Empty
PostSubject: Basic Combat Tips   Basic Combat Tips EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Before I start I would like all players to note that these are all my opinions and remarks, the do not reflect any other player's views. These tips are for beginner players or those who wish to put a finish on their combat.

1. Remember to read each bit of the post thoroughly. You have to know exactly is going on to retaliate to the attack. All posts cannot be retracted, if you make a mistake you will have to deliberate with the player to retract it. Avoid these complications by simply reading and reacting after fully understanding your opponent's actions. Do not be afraid to ask OOC questions of your opponent to understand their move. It is your right to fully understand the situation.

2. Study what your weapon is. The abilities you will have with a katana and a dagger will be vastly different. Size and weight are crucial in your calculations of combat. You may say that weight can be overcome by species, such as a vampire's superhuman strength, but I protest that it is important for the durability of the weapon to be top knotch to handle that amount of force. Just like in real life, weapons are subject to wear and tear and usage limitations. Study your weapon, know your weapon, and then you can use your weapon efficiently.

3. Dont overload your post. Sometimes to best way to win a battle is to wear down the other player through time. If you play smart you can hold off a foe until they no longer wish to continue the fight, this will allow you to claim victory either by retreat or by slaying your opponent.

4. Know your advantages and disadvantages. You must realize that you will have advantages and disadvantages against many opponents. You must study what your opponent says about their character. Be wary of your disadvantages and think of what you need to do to overcome it. When you have an advantage you must exploit it until your opponent is slain or until it is easily defended by your opponent.

I know that practice makes perfect and I have had a decade of experiance to develop techniques that are more advanced than this tutorial. You must master these four corners before you are able to move beyond them. There will be a post about advanced combat that will help for more advanced fighting when you need it.
Back to top Go down

Basic Combat Tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Tavern :: Lycosia :: Rules & Guidelines :: Battle & Fighting Rules-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com